Programme Description: This programme will enable students to build a promising professional future in their area of choice by providing them with a comprehensive understanding of the main principles, concepts, tools, trends and developments in the theory and practice of marketing.
Rationale: Marketing is a highly competitive and rewarding field. Businesses across every industry rely on marketing professionals to generate awareness of their brand and increase sales of their products and services. The programme consists of courses that aim at providing students with the necessary skills and abilities and comprehensive knowledge to thrive within the Marketing world.
Aims of the Programme
The aims of the programme are the following:
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills relevant to all aspects of Marketing and Marketing Strategy.
- To enable graduates to communicate effectively and think creatively.
Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of the programme are to provide to the student the opportunity to:
- Identify and comprehend the fundamental concepts, practices and tools in the field of Marketing.
- Apply the key methodologies and tools in different organization settings.
- Acquire specialized knowledge in marketing communications.
- Interpret and evaluate issues involved in organizational decision-making through the application of problem-solving frameworks.
- Apply marketing strategies in a variety of settings and organizations.
Programme Learning Outcomes
The key learning outcomes of this programme are:
- Explain key marketing concepts and determine their relationship and practical application in a variety of settings and organizations.
- Interpret marketing concepts and communicate effectively in different organizational settings.
- Assess contemporary developments in the local and international marketing field.
- Explain the relationship between marketing theory and practice.
- Define and relate marketing principles and theory to current marketing issues and challenges.
- Assess business processes as they relate to organizational goals and develop strategic plans.
- Identify, analyse and use relevant sources of information in the field of marketing.
- Apply complex qualitative and quantitative data to support strategic and operational decision-making.
- Develop and evaluate problem-solving and decision-making frameworks to propose solutions to organizational opportunities, challenges, risks and change.
|Introduction to Bachelor Degree
|Introduction to Management
|Introduction to Algebra
|Social Media Marketing
|Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing
|Financial Accounting I
|Communication for Business
|Principles of Microeconomics
|Principles of Macroeconomics
|Law for Business
|General Psychology I
|Research Methods in Business
|Introduction to Information Technology
|Marketing and Social Responsibility
|Relationship Marketing and Internal Marketing
|Research and Writing
|Marketing for New Products
|Strategy and Business Policy
|Marketing of Services
|Sales and Selling Management
|Small firms and B2B Marketing
|Final Year Project
The general admission requirements for entry to Unicaf University Zambia Bachelor degree programmes are as outlined below. Students are advised to contact the Office of Admissions to find out more about the range of equivalent international academic qualifications accepted.
- Regular admission to a Bachelor degree programme requires a full Grade 12 Certificate with O-levels at credit or higher in a number of subjects depending on the course of study
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma may be considered for entry.
- Applicants with a Diploma or Advanced Diploma in a relevant area may be considered for credit transfer.
- English proficiency; grade 6 (Credit) or better on the General Certificate of Education or equivalent
- Current CV
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
In addition to a strong academic record, extra-curricular activities, leadership skills and other relevant background information may be taken into account.